Sunday, April 25, 2010

April 24th, 2010


So Isabel is eight months and three weeks along. Having a pregnant wife isn't all bad. I mean there's the moaning and the stretch marks and no room in the bed because her belly is taking up so much of it, but there's some opportunity for great comedy, too.

And by “comedy” I mean I get to tease my wife. This morning I touched her and said “The baby feels really lumpy, I wonder what this is.” I tried to look as serious as I could. She is exasperated, “Those are my ribs! What kind of a baby do you think I'm carrying?”

I say to her, “What if the baby comes out with three eyes?” Her reply was instant: “If he does then he got them from you!”

She's been great. Sometimes I feel like she's being grumpy or boring. But I've heard stories from other people, so I know what bad really is. She has a great attitude and a fantastic sense of humor. So I'm sure that this baby will have both a fantastic attitude and a great sense of humor.

Everyone expects the baby to be really cute. This puts stress on Isabel, who says, “I feel all this pressure to have a cute baby.” So I comforted her by saying, “If he's ugly people are really going to be disappointed.”

Any day now. Hopefully sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment